October 28

My Eldest and Tae Kwan Do

I have mentioned in my other blog that I enrolled my eldest in a Tae Kwan Do Class. A friend of mine referred me to this Club that is close to her town. I thought that this would be good for my 8th grader since he is very stiff, so slow, and lack of activities. My friend’s kids were also new in this club so my boy was not having a hard time adjusting  in the class because he knows some kids.

He started on Oct 16, 3 weeks ago, and I can see a lot of improvements already. Like..

Before, he doesnt know how to do push ups, but now he can do up to 10.
He used to be so stiff like a board, now he starting to loosen up a little.
His punches has improved! It used to be so crooked and so awkward looking, now he can punch really good.
He can kick a little bit higher than usual.
He can stretch his body, bend down low, and reach his foot.
And I notice his motor skills has really improve big time.

Check him out below with the little girl in yellow belt. She was teaching him the art of defense. This was a hard move for him, but after repeating a couple of times, he finally got it. I hope he will not get tired of learning Tae Kwan Do. I am so proud of him, because he doesn’t stop trying until he gets it.
Photobucket

Blog Photo CHallenge #302/366

Tags:
Copyright © My Kids Journey of Learning 2014. All rights reserved.

Posted October 28, 2012 by emzkie in category "Karate CLass

14 COMMENTS :

1. By papaleng on

Hayz, naalala ko tuloy yung youngest son ko, I enrolled him when he was about 9 years old, Ang laki ng improvement nya after a few weeks lang, kaso , na hook siya sa isang Anime series sa TV. Tapos ang Tae Kwan Do lessons nya. Hope huwag ma-out-of-focus ang son mo.

2. By cheerful on

this is really good for boys…and great that you can see and noticed improvements, must be really good taekwondo school. i am sure he will do great sometime soon, goodluck to your boy. 🙂

3. By betchai on

that is good you see a lot of improvements in your son, he is now reaping the benefits and will be reaping more benefits from the physical activity. hope he continues to get better at it.

4. By Dez on

That’s a nice sports to try for the kids. I think, kid’s school offers them too this summer. I will ask them if they want to try it out.

5. By baterya on

how much is an enrollment into taekwondo.. and how long is it.. i am wanting to ask information but i lack time to go to taekwondo gyms. thanks

6. By jennyL on

Nice yan for kids can learn discipline, meet new friends and of course keeps them busy and active.

7. By Nova on

very nice sports and at the same time for self defense… it is nice to see kids gets busy with sports too…good choice mommy!

8. By Marie on

Oh cool! I so wanted to learn Tae Kwan Do and even Karate too but no classes offered here in my area. Too bad! 🙁

9. By Gracia on

i really need to enroll my son in martial arts class too, I tried Judo before for one day and didn’t come back coz it’s a lot of pain 😉

10. By Rcel on

Perfect decision! I would love to enroll my Triz to an after-class lesson, too, pero next year na daw ingon si bana. Too young pa daw for her kung karon na. Music lesson ra nuon among enrollan sa iyaha. This one’s nice for boys! 🙂

BPC hopping!

11. By Lainy on

Nice choice of sports for your eldest, Emz. It will help develop his agility and other physical skills apart from helping him build up his confidence.